Please click here to go to the MDHE A+ website for more information.
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the possible budget shortfall for Spring 2015.
Please stop by the courselor's office to pick up an A+ Agreement. The agreement must be signed by the student and parent/guardian before the scholarship can be awarded.
The A+ Schools Program is a school improvement initiative established by the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993. The key goal of A+ schools is to assure that all students, when they graduate, are well-prepared to pursue advanced education, employment or both.
The A+ Schools Program at Rolla High School provides an excellent opportunity for students to earn financial incentives at any Missouri public community college, junior college, or vocational school.
The following requirements must be met to be certified as an A+ student:
1. Graduate from high school with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
2. Attend a designated A+ School for three consecutive years prior to graduation. *Seven-semester graduates must contact the A+ Office to ensure that all A+ requirements have been met prior to the end of the seventh semester.
3. Have at least a 95% attendance record for grades 9-12.
4. Perform fifty hours of unpaid academic tutoring or mentoring, where 8 hours may come from a job shadowing experience approved and set up by the A+ Coordinator.
5. Beginning with the Class of 2015, students must score proficient or advanced on the Algebra I End of Course (EOC) Assessment or score a 17 in the math sub-section of the ACT with a 2.5 GPA or higher; scoring a 16 in the math subsection of the ACT with a 2.8 GPA or higher; scoring a 15 in the math subsection of the ACT with a 3.0 GPA or higher..
6. Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol.
7. Make a good faith effort to secure federal postsecondary student financial assistance funds (FAFSA). www.fafsa.ed.gov